Thursday, May 28, 2015

end of the year


The end of the school year is nearing and the art assignments are rolling in. Over the last few months I have been watching the students do wonderful things. Some of my favorite pieces I have seen a lot this year was the work they were doing with cardboard. At the beginning of March, I got to see a friend of mine and his TAB workshop as he was introducing the TAB philosophy to the participants. The center he chose to introduce was cardboard. I have the cardboard located in my construction center. I brought the info back to the students and then watched as they transformed some cardboard into incredible pieces of art. So here are some of my students' artwork:

 

architectural letters created with cardboard and packaging tape

 

castle collaborate work between 4 students

 

cookie oven created with cardboard and wrapped with tissue paper

 

show choir stage created with cardboard, popsicle sticks and felt

 

hunger games flames created with cardboard and tissue paper


No comments:

Post a Comment